Friday, May 27, 2005

Remembering




Photo/Michael Yon


Michelle Malkin has created a small Memorial Day tribute, made up of several links to help us remember our troops. The picture here was found at one of the links and I'll leave it to you to go read the caption. Beware... you won't leave with dry eyes.


UPDATE: Photo is by Michael Yon and can be seen, along with the story behind it, at his Blog. He's a writer working in Iraq with the troops and his blog is an amazing chronicle of the troops as they work there. Do check it out!

2 comments:

Dymphna said...

Good blog. With (deliberately) limited access to culture, I don't know the comedians you refer to...sounds like I am fortunate.

Have you noticed the eternal ones? I listen to CDs of the old stuff --Cosby as a young man, the Smothers Brothers, etc.-- and it's still good.

The Farah picture (I think that's her name) is very moving. If you haven't seen Michael Yon's blog I highly recommend it. He's a journalist with the troops in Iraq. I think he saw the incident, but I'm not sure.

R Jeffrey Grace said...

Thanks, Dymphna! The compliment means a lot to me, coming from the owner of Gates of Vienna, one of the best. :)

I have indeed listened to the young Cosby and the Smothers Brothers... I have to confess to having seen them on TV when I was a kid! I vividley recall the Bros actually "interviewing" a "Flower Child" in the audience (they used to go out into their audience in the studio and talk to people, not unlike Letterman does). The "Flower Child" gave a summary of what her philosophy was after being prompted. It was interesting. I beacme a fan of Bill Cosby's when he was on I Spy...

I've added a link in my blog list to Michael Yon's blog... he actually took the picture, according to his account. He's doing some wonderful work there...

Thanks for the comment!